Published on May 24th, 2013 | by Tom0
Why Smoking is Bad? Why Should I Quit Smoking?
Everyone probably knows that smoking is bad and we should. However, do you exactly know why smoking is bad? Here we will give you sufficient reasons to quit smoking.
- Because of extreme fear and fatality of cancers, many people will turn pale at the mentioning of cancers. Since smoking have bad effects on nearly each organ of your body, you make yourself at a higher risk of getting cancers, especially .
- Since most of the toxic substances are absorbed by your lung, you greatly increase your risk of having lung-related diseases, such as emphysema and which make it more difficult to breathe. Most of them are chronic disease which means that it will torture you for a long time, even in your whole life. So never get yourself into such a suffering situation.
Heart and blood vessel diseases
- Studies show that smokers are twice as likely to have a as non-smokers. And also smoking is a major contributor to peripheral vascular disease which is a narrowing of the blood vessels. The walls of the blood vessel are not exempt which cause higher rates of strokes.
Eyes and mouth
- Smoking also increases the risk of macular degeneration which is considered as one of the most common causes of blindness, especially for older people. It also leads to cataract which is an eye disease that clouds the lens of the eye. Other problems also exist like yellow teeth, tooth loss, bad breath and gum disease.
Special risks toand babies
- Women and babies are at a higher risk of heart attack, stroke and blood clots in the legs if they are smokers or around smokers. Women smokers who over 35 are less likely to be or their babies are more likely to have health problems.
- Health concerns are always one of the most noticeable reasons people quit smoking. It is true that are one of the leading killers of and women. Data show that one fifth death is attributed to smoking. Nearly 8.6 million people are suffering from smoking-related diseases. So if you do not want to end in death because of cigarettes, take actions now.
In summary, smoking is harmful and it is not only bad for smokers themselves, but also bad for non-smokers. So keep yourself from smoking.