Published on May 26th, 2013 | by Tom0
What is Secondhand Smoke and The Facts
Since many people around us are smokers, we cannot avoid being influenced by secondhand smoke. Well, what is secondhand smoke, According to some professional websites, Secondhand smoke is the smoke from the burning end of a, pipe, or cigar combined with the smoke breathed out by the smoker. People actually are under the influence of secondhand smoke whenever a man smokes around you.
Secondhand smoke has lots of harmful effects. Data show that there are about 49.000 deaths per year that caused by the exposure to secondhand smoke. You should never have an idea that as I am a non-smoker, smoking-related diseases have nothing to do with myself. In fact, secondhand smoke is even more dangerous. Once you expose to secondhand smoke, you may get sick by getting, heart diseases, eye, nose, and throat irritation and some other breathing problems.
Tips on how to avoid second hand smoke
- If one of your families is smoker, you may ask him or her to smoke only at specific areas like outside your home. Keep your home and cars smoke-free.
- When your partner is trying to give up smoking, you should support him by all means.
- Keep your windows open if somebody is smoking. And make sure your children are not there.
- If your visitors want to smoke, you can politely tell them smoking is not allowable in your house. And also when you stay at others’ home, ask people never to smoke around you.
- Always go to smoke-free places.
image via [impactlab]