Published on May 30th, 2013 | by Tom1
What Is Acne? What Causes Acne Vulgaris? How To Treat Acne
Acne Vulgaris, also called as pimple or zit, is a common skin condition that most people experience at least once throughout their lifetime, especially during adolescence. It results from the buildup of sebum and dead skin cells in hair follicles. Acne can be formed on mangy areas like face, back, chest. It’s not a severe disease but the severe acne may lead to permanent scars.
Typical symptoms of acne :
- Comedones (blackheads and whiteheads),
- Seborrhea (increased oil-sebum secretion).
What Causes Acne Vulgaris?
The exact reason for acne remains unclear, but there are many affecting factors: increase in hormones (this is regarded by the doctor as one of the most important factors), heredity or genetics (inherited from parents ),increased stress level, anaerobic bacterium infection. The diet including high glycemic load also can worsen acne.
By knowing the affecting factors, you can do something if you have acne.
Recommend: Top 10 Rated Acne Skin Treatment Products
- Ask your health care provider to give you prescription medications.
- Some products like benzoyl peroxide or antibiotic medications can be used to treat your acne. For severe acne, an oral medicine called isotretinoin(Accutane) is available in the market.
- Some of these medicines may have some side-effects; you should pay special attention when you take them, especially for pregnant women.
- Wash your face gently with a gentle soap two times a day.
- Keep your hands clean by washing them frequently and avoiding touching your face with hands.
- Wash your hair at least two times a week. Keep the hair away from your face both in the day and night.
- Exercise a lot and regularly.
- Avoid food that may worsen your acne.
- Release your stress and keep relax.