Published on June 7th, 2013 | by Tom0
What Are Pimples? Causes & Types of Acne
Besides blackheads and whiteheads, many people may also suffer from pimples. Then, what are pimples? What causes pimples? This article will provide you some information.
Pimples are small spots resulting of excess oil. When the sebaceous glands become overactive, and be infected with bacteria, then fill up with pus, pimples form. They are usually inflamed and swollen.
- Oils, bacteria and dead skin cells are all factors that contribute to the formation of pimples. The sebaceous glands produce sebum inside the pores of skin and the dead skin cells left behind get stuck together with the sticky sebum, causing unclogged pores. Then, bacteria feed off the sebum and produce a substance and then lead to inflammation of the skin.
- Poor hygiene, unbalanced hormone, oily make up, comedogenic skin care products and cosmetics, improper lifestyle and unhealthy diet, all of these may be the factors that cause pimples. So, in order to prevent and remove pimples, you should:
- Keep a healthy diet. Avoid processed, high-fat food. Eat more vegetables and fruits Drink loads of water.
- Release stress and keep relax. Do exercise regularly.
- Use oil-free, non-comedogenic cosmetics and skin care products. Fragrance-free products may be better choices.
- Keep your face and body clean. Wash your face twice a day and take shower every day. If you work out and sweat a lot, shower immediately.
|Blackheads||Non-inflamed clogged pore, open top, exposure to air, black|
|Whiteheads||Smallish red pimples, white pussy heads, non-inflamed, clogged below the surface of the skin|
|Papules||Inflamed, tender red bumps, fill with pus, somewhat raised|
|Pustules||Hard, inflamed, full of pus including defining white or yellow center|
|Nodules and Cysts||Large painful bumps, hard, not filled with pus(Nodules), filled with pus and feel like fluid filled sacs(Cysts), inflammation, severe acne lesions|
|Sebaceous Filaments||Not a kind of acne but also be misunderstood, tiny tubes with sebum, dotted tips, lighter in color, evenly spaced, smooth to touch.|
- How to Get Rid of Pimples
- How To Get Rid Of Acne
- How to Get Rid of Whiteheads
- How to Get Rid of Blackheads
- How To Get Rid Of Acne Scars
- How To Get Rid Of Back Acne
image via [blogspot]