Published on August 14th, 2013 | by Tom0
Stomach Pain & Abdominal Pain Home Remedies
Stomach pain (abdominal pain) refers to the cramps or a dull ache in the stomach region or belly. Being a common problem for many people, mostly the stomach pain can be treated with natural remedies. So, if you are a sufferer of stomach pain and the pain is not severe, try natural remedies here to get a relief.
- Lemon or limes. Lemon contains ascorbic acid which can kill the harmful bacteria that cause the stomach pain. Also it can cure the indigestion effectively. Drinking lemon water or chilled lime juice, both are effective for stomach pain relief as well as reducing the symptoms of nausea and vomiting
- Ginger. Ginger can balance the acidity in your stomach and help treat the upset stomach. But never consumes too much ginger a day which will worsen the condition. You can consider ginger tea if the fresh ginger is not available.
- Hot compress. Apply a heating pad over your stomach or take a warm bath to relax your stomach. You can try to make a warm rice compress by using a thick sock. Fill the sock with uncooked rice and heat it in the microwave for about 1 minute. And then apply it over your stomach; make sure the temperature isn’t too hot. And you can add some lavender or chamomile flowers to get a comfortable aroma which can help you relax thoroughly.
- Stop eating or drinking and have a rest. Sometimes, the pain will go away after few hours rest. And then drink some clear water, herbal tea or clear chicken broth to see whether your stomach can handle. If not, stop drinking.
- Avoid dairy products and vegetables that may cause cramp or bloating. Sometimes, your stomach pain may be the allergic reaction to dairy. So avoid eating or drinking dairy products when your pain is not relieved completely. Vegetables like broccoli, beans, cauliflower will cause bloating or cramp to your stomach. Try to skip them in your diet.
- Cola syrup seems to work for many people suffering from stomach pain and you can have a try. If your child is the sufferer, this may be the best choice for it tastes good.
- Warm saltwater. Too much intake of salt may result bloating for the salt can retain water, but a cup of water with one teaspoon of salt in it seems to work wonders for an upset stomach.
- Fresh mint. Just make a tea with several sprigs of mint and a cup of warm water to settle the stomach pain. You can also chew the mint leaf directly if you like. Moreover, mint can stimulate the appetite and improve digestion.
- Apple cider vinegar. It can help absorbing nutrients and assisting digestion, and thus to be a good natural remedy for stomach pain. Drink a glass of warm water with several teaspoons of apple cider vinegars before eating.
- Change your eating habit. Never eat at late hour and try to eat small meals more often. The stomach has no enough time to digest if you eat too late. And overeating is also a common cause of stomach pain. So, try to change your eating habit to prevent the stomach pain from occurring again.