Published on August 16th, 2013 | by Tom1
Natural Remedies for Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain Relief
Almost 27 million people are suffering fromin the United States, imposing great impact on their quality of life. pain occurs when the bones rubs against bone with the wearing away of the joint cartilage caused by aging. In this article you will find some good for arthritis pain relief.
Natural remedies for arthritis pain
1.an experiment conducted by a professor of medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles, showed that some people see obvious alleviation of arthritis pain after losing 10-20 pounds. So maintaining a healthy weight, although not the easiest way, perhaps it is the best remedy for arthritis pain, since every pound you lost will reduce 4 pounds of pressure on your joints, reducing the severity of arthritis pain.
image @ proacaiberry
2.regular play an important role for treating osteoarthritis. Simply walking around your house will make you better shaped than those who are always inactive. However it is better combine aerobic activities like walking, swimming with strengthening exercises like isotonic exercises for a better outcome.
3. Boosting Vitamin C and D supply deficiencies in both vitamin C and D can make you prone to arthritis pain. More supply in vitamin C can slow down the loss of cartilage for osteoarthritis patients. You can either eat more fresh fruits and vegetables, or take vitamin C supplements. And arich in vitamin D will slow down the process of osteoarthritis, since vitamin D can promote the assimilation of calcium, a vital substance to make your bones stronger. Eat rich in vitamin D, such as fortified milk or have sunshine exposure for 20 minutes, twice a week.
image @ parenthub
4. Acupuncture“Several trials show acupuncture to be helpful for many people with osteoarthritis,” says Dr. Altman. Acupuncture may be a good option for some people with arthritis pain.
5. Over-the-Counter medications. OTC medications like aspirin or acetaminophen can help ease moderate arthritis pain. Take one of them according to the instructions on the packages or bottles. However, for patients who haveulcers or bleeding problems, avoid using aspirin. You can take the pills with food or milk to lower the risk of side effects.
6. Physical therapy. For some patients, a physical therapy may be helpful in relieving arthritis pain.
image @ bergenphysicaltherapy
7. Capsaicin cream. Capsaicin cream is available for arthritis pain relief without a prescription.
8. Other supplements. The most popular supplements for arthritis pain relief are glucosamine and chondroitin. And it is recommended that the combination of two supplements works well in providing pain relief.