Published on August 16th, 2013 | by Tom1
Kidney Pain Causes, Symptoms, Treatment & Relief
If you feel the dull, flank ache just below the ribcage, you may get kidney. Usually combined with the fever and urinary symptoms, kidney pain is really painful and uncomfortable. Go through this article to have an overview of the causes, symptoms and treatment of kidney pain.
Symptoms of kidney pain
People suffering from kidney pain may show associated symptoms, among which the most common one is flank pain. Other symptoms including:
- Feel stabbing pain in the upper back area
- Urinary problems like oliguria, polyuria, anuria or hematuria.
- Painful urination
- Urgent and frequent urination
- Edema appears and the face, hands, legs or even the whole body may be swelling
- Nausea or vomiting
- Pain radiate to the back or even the groin region
- Fever, loss of appetite, weakness
Causes of kidney pain
Kidney infection may be the major cause of kidney pain, and pyelonephritis seems to be a kind of serious kidney infection which means the urinary tract infection was progressed to involve the upper urinary system—the kidney.
Kidney stone is a common cause of kidney pain for it providing a place for bacteria to grow while evading the body’s defenses.
Other causes of kidney pain including arteriosclerosis (renal artery was blocked by clot or be ischemic), renal vein thrombosis, kidney, bleeding in kidney, hydronephrosis, polycystic kidney disease, , and horseshoe kidney
for kidney pain
You may have to make an appointment with the doctor if you feel severe kidney pain for the sudden pain be an interruption in circulation to the kidney which is really an emergency. Call the professional medical help if your feel constant, dull, one-sided pain in your back or flank or have urinary tract infection recently.
In addition to the medical advice from doctor, there are many home remedies proved to be effective in easing the symptoms and reducing the pain as well.
- Drink more enough water. Increase your water consumption dramatically to flush out the bacteria from your urinary tract. Try to avoid coffee and as much as possible for they will worsen the kidney infection and aggravate the symptoms.
- Apply heat compress on your abdomen, back or side to reduce the pain
- Cranberry can do wonders. Drink cranberry juice or take cranberry supplement daily can effectively prevent kidney infection.
- A mixture of cider vinegar, water and honey seems to be effective for some people and you can have a try.
- 1/2 tablespoon of baking soda in 8 OZ water 3-4 times daily can treat kidney infection effectively.
- Mix 2 tablespoon of juice with water or hot tea and drinks about 4-5 glasses every day, you may feel better.
- Colloidal silver can be used to treat the pain as well for it can cure kidney infection effectively.
- Try herb. Goldenseal root intake 2 times a day can make a difference as well as the marshmallow root. Herbal tea like dandelion root tea can help you feel better to some extent.
- Avoiding anything containing sugar and all animal protein when you suffering the pain is very important for they may worsen the infection and aggravate the pain. A delicious and helpful soup recommended here is Lentil soup. Make this soup with lentil and a lot of fresh chopped parsley, chopped cilantro, curry powder several crushed cloves of garlic and olive oil and a few other seasonings and drink it during the suffering period daily. You may get a relief 3-4 days later.