Published on June 17th, 2013 | by Tom0
How To Treat Gout, Home Remedies & Medication
The pain of gout is indeed despairing. Are you just suffering such intolerable pain and crazy to know how to treat it? Here are some medications and home remedies recommended.
Gout Treatment: Medications
- Take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen, indomethacin and naproxen. But aspirin is not recommended for it can worsen the situation.
- Get prescriptions including corticosteroids, such as prednisone for severe cases of gout.
- Take allopurinol, probenecid and colchicine daily to minimize the chance of getting gout.
- Febuxostat and Pegloticase are new drugs that seem to work for gout. Febuxostat aim at the chronic treatment of hyperuricemia and Pegloticase is good for gout patients who can’t tolerate or don’t respond to conventional therapy.
Home remedies for Gout
- Elevate the affected joints and rest it until the attack eases
- Apply ice packs or hemorrhoid cream to the painful joints to reduce inflammation.
- Cherry. Cherries can do wonders for gout treatment. Eat about 20 cherries daily or drink cherry juice every day.
- Eat more fruits like apple, banana, grapes and lime. An apple after each meal can neutralize the uric acid effectively. And lime containing abundant Vitamin C which can strengthen the joints.
- Celery seeds. 1 tablespoon of celery seeds intake a day can help relieving the pain of gout and celery seed oil also seems to be an effective herbal remedy for gout treatment.
- Juniper oil. Make a paste containing juniper oil and place it on the painful joints.
- Vegetable juice and French bean juice are effective home remedies for gout. Drink several glassed per day until the gout disappears.
- Drink more water and limit the alcohol intake.
- Control the intake of meat and seafood that can cause gout.
- Keep exercise regularly and lose your weight to normal range.