Published on July 28th, 2013 | by Tom0
How To Treat Food Poisoning
poisoning results in tens of thousands of death every day. Vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal , nausea and are the common symptoms of food poisoning. For severe food poisoning, you should get to the doctor immediately. But most of food poisoning doesn’t require medical attention. Here in this article, you will find some to help you recover fast.
Home remedies for food poisoning
- To control vomiting, soda proves to be an effective treatment, and be sure not to eat solid food while your is vulnerable.
- Drink lots of water to prevent your body from dehydration, aiming to supply the loss of fluids after vomiting or diarrhea. Start with sipping and gradually drink more.
- Avoid beverages with or dairy foods before your stomach completely recovers. Your stomach is easy to be upset again by those products.
- It is important to keep energy especially when you are weak. Try chicken broth soup or honey tea to provide your body with nutrition. When you start to have the appetite to eat, start with foods that are easy to digest like soda crackers, rice, toast and bananas. Remember not to eat fried, spicy or sugar, which will further irritate your stomach.
- Have a good rest to let your body regain strength. Stop working for a few days and do not do intensive outdoor activities, just lie down and have a sound sleep.
- Probiotic is a good remedy for food poisoning. Good bacteria it contains can facilitate the digest in your stomach. By rebalancing the level of harmful and good bacteria, probiotic can amazingly ease the symptoms of food poisoning.
- Do not take anti-diarrheal medications without the permission of your doctor. Otherwise it may worsen your situation.
- Reach your doctor immediately if there is no sign of recovery after 3 days, or you are getting a fever or having dizziness and fatigue.