Published on August 7th, 2013 | by Tom0
How to Treat Achilles Tendonitis
Usually caused by overtraining, Achilles tendonitis is a common problem for runners. Being painful and inflammatory, Achilles tendonitis should be treated as properly as possible. Here are options available for Achilles tendonitis treatments.
1. Have a good rest to help reduce the inflammation and prevent further injuries.
2. Immobilizing the affected area for a certain time can relieve the inflammation quickly. But the time should be limited to avoid stiffness or muscle atrophy.
3. Apply ice compress to the inflammatory area to stimulateand relieve the and inflammation.
4. Try physical therapy like stretching or strength training regimen to treat the Achilles tendonitis problem and chronic tendon problems.
5. Take anti-inflammatory medications to control the inflammation.
6. Try someto relieve the symptoms of Achilles tendonitis:
- Carbonated water can cure the acute pain of tendonitis. Just soak your feet in sugarless carbonated water for 10-15 minutes and drink flavored carbonated water a couple times a day at the same time.
- Make a paste out of flour and white and apply it on the affected area for 30 minutes. Washing it off with lukewarm water and you will get soothing and pain relief immediately.
- Fresh asparagus consumption can relieve the pain and swelling well.
- Add Cayenne pepper in warm water and soak your feet in the water for ten minutes. The capsaicin, a natural pain reliever, contained in the cayenne pepper can help relieve the pain effectively.
- Massaging olive oil on the affected area can reduce the pain and inflammation as well.