Published on August 5th, 2017 | by Tom0
How to Treat a Caterpillar Sting
Home Remedies For Caterpillar Sting :
1. Calm down. Once you got stung by a caterpillar, the first thing to do is to calm down, which will always make things easier. Besides the venom will travel slower when you keep quiet and stop moving.
2. Use masking tape, scotch tape, cellophane tape, or duct tape on the sting site. Remove the hairs or fibers of the caterpillar by striping repeatedly. But use a new tape for each time in case of getting further stings.
3. Wash the sting site with hot water to clear the remaining hairs or toxins.
4. Apply an ice pack on your injured area for 15-20 minutes once an hour. This can help relieve the swelling and pain. And it works the same by elevating the sting area.
image source fifa
5. If you have an allergic reactions, buy some OTC allergy medication and take it according to the instructions. Medications that can cure a bee sting usually apply to the cases of caterpillar stings.
6. Take painkillers. Over the counter medications, such as Tylenol® or Panadol®, is helpful. Take it according to the guidance on the package.
7. Do not scratch the site of the sting, which will cause further irritation. If the itchiness is beyond your tolerance, ask your doctor for prescription.
8. Keep in mind the caterpillar that stung you. Have a notice on the features: color, length, texture. For this may help the doctor to find the right cure.