Hand & Foot Care
Published on May 29th, 2013 | by Tom0
How To Stop Biting Nails
Many people have the bad habit of biting. It may damage your nails and make your hands look unattractive. Also, it’s not healthy. You may also be frustrated with this habit but don’t know how to do. Here are some simple ways to help you to stop biting your nails.
- Face your problem. You need to admit that you’re suffering from this habit now. Confront the problem that you do this at work, in class or some other place and tell yourself you have to change. You want beautiful and cute nails.
- Use adhesive bandages. Cover nails with adhesive bandages and keep them on every day. You can remove them when attend some special occasion. It looks a little bit silly. But if this impression will motivate you to stop biting more actively, you can also wear the bandages. Peel off the bandages after few weeks and look how much better the nails look. Put the bandages back on if you start biting again.
- Make your mouth and hands busy. You are not able to bite the nails if your mouth or your hands are busy. Carry a coin, rubber band or something else in your pocket. Play with that if you want to bite nails. Or, you can make hands busy by taking up a hobby such as drawing or making models. Otherwise, to make your mouth busy by chewing gum or candies. Snack small during the whole day whenever you want to bite. If you are afraid of gaining weight, drink water instead.
- Bitter-tasting formula. Choose a bitter-tasting formula made especially for kicking the habit of -biting. Apply it to the nails and the skin around them after washing your hands. Reapply it once it wears off. Be sure the bitter taste is always on your nails even at bedtime.
Tips & Warnings
- Don’t replace the nail-biting with a worse habit such as smoking.
- Clean nails often, because nail-biting invites infection.
- Keep patient. There is no short term solution.
image via [nstyleintl]