Published on May 29th, 2013 | by Tom0
How to Quit Smoking
It is known to all that smoking is harmful. However, lots of people just cannotregardless of the harmful effects of . Those people who breathe in secondhand smoke are more likely to struggle with problems. According to statistics, cigarettes caused about 4.9 million deaths every year. In this case, smokers should make every effort to quit smoking for the benefits of others and themselves. Here are some instructions on how to quit smoking.
- Overcome these bad habits with the help of coffee and . You become addicted to it because it can get you high. When you have the desire to get high, you can turn to coffee instead of cigarettes. By doing it thousands of times, you can get rid of cigarettes sooner or later.
- Make up your mind to . If you have the desire, nothing can hinder you. Collect some reasons why you want to do it and post it up to show your strong determination. Some actual, current reasons are more useful than theoretical, future-based reasons. For example, “my lung is getting worse and worse” is more powerful than “I want to reduce my risks of when I grow old”. You can find some facts about smoking to realize their harm. At the same time, you can learn some scientific and effective ways to stop smoking.
- Always be optimistic and have faith in yourself. Confidence is half of victory. Once you make your determination, you should focus on success and believe that you can do it. Become a little bit better each day and remember to reward yourself when you make big progress.
- Have a specific quit day. For example, regard each Monday as your quit day which will give you 52 chances in a year to quit smoking. Change your brand is also helpful as different flavors and chemicals will reduce your desire. And you will realize how bad the habit it is. Furthermore, you need to remove all tobacco products. Lighters, matches and most importantly, cigarettes should be out of your sight. You also need to isolate yourself from other smokers since sometimes you may need to offer them some cigarettes out of courtesy. Refuse to open a pack.
- Ask for help. If you are a heavy smoker, you may need the help of doctors. Nicotine replacement therapy by using nicotine spray and nicotine inhaler is recommended here. And your doctor may provide you with some prescription medications.
- After you survive the first week, the victory is around the corner. Take some outdoor sports to distract your attention. And find some substitutes to ease the phschologically and physically. Some push-ups are helpful as well. Drink plenty of water each day.
- Tell your friends and family that you won’t smoke any more. They will help you out.
image via [wordpress]