Published on August 2nd, 2013 | by Tom0
How To Prevent & Stop Hair Loss
The loss of a few hairs will never catch your attention. Yes, it’s common and not worth fussing. But if you lose hair suddenly or youris in clumps or significant enough, you have to take actions now. Try these easy tips to prevent your hair loss to stop your hair loss right now!
Many factors may lead to hair loss. The most common cause is a hereditary condition. Hormonal changes and imbalances can also cause hair loss. In addition, a variety of medical conditions like scalp infection, thyroid problems or other skin disorders can contribute to hair loss. And drugs used to treat, , heart problems and are including the side-effects of hair loss. Moreover, physical or emotional shock or certain hairstyle may be the leading factors too.
Despite all the different causes of hair loss, the following common solutions can be used to prevent or control the condition for somewhat.
- Keep a good hygiene and wash your hair regularly. Keeping your hair and scalp clean with mild shampoo and warm water can be as a part of preventing hair loss. Chose the shampoo that suitable for you and wash your hair regularly.
- Control your stress. Stress and tension sometimes may be the root cause of your hair loss. Medication seems a good method for reducing stress and restoring hormonal balance. Get enough sleep and regularly to relieve your stress.
- Balance the . Omega-3 is a vital element for hair growth. Eat foods high in omega-3 fatty acids or take omega-3 supplements. Salmon, mackerel and ground flaxseed are foods rich in omega-3. Increase the intake of vitamin C and iron, which can help improve the health of hair follicles and increase growth of hair.
- Apply . A few minutes of massage on your scalp every day can help stimulate circulation and keeps hair follicles active.
- Avoid certain hairstyle such as ponytails or cornrows which may damage the hair and result in significant hair loss.
- Natural oils and juices can do wonders as well. Olive, coconut, canola, any natural oil is ok. Heat it to the warm level and massage it into your scalp. Cover your head with a shower cap for one hour and then shampoo your hair. For the natural juices, such as garlic juice, onion juice or juice, rubbing it into scalp, leaving it overnight and washing it the next morning.
- Medication treatment. Minoxidil is proven to be an effective element for preventing hair loss by enlarging the hair follicles and stimulate hair growth. Finasteride is another effective pill that can prevent hair loss. You can combine the use of the two to result in better effects.
- Keep a healthy body and avoid taking those medicines that may lead to hair loss.
- Seek for professional help if you think you can’t control the condition already.