Published on August 5th, 2013 | by Tom0
How To Prevent Breast Cancer
1. Try to be familiar with the signs and symptoms of breast cancer, seek for acute diagnose if you have noticed any of the following signs or symptoms:
- A lump in a breast
- Pitting or redness of the skin of the breast
- Rash around the nipples
- Size or shape change if the breast
- One of the nipples has a discharge; sometimes may contain blood
- Swelling in one of the armpits
- An area of thickened tissue in a breast
- The nipple may be sunken or inverted.
2. Reduce the exposure to estrogen. Estrogen exposure plays a fundamental role in the development of breast cancer. Try to avoid estrogen-blocking drugs and estrogen-like compounds. Aluminum is supposed to be a metal that mimics estrogen. So, avoid using aluminum pots and pans, and aluminum-based cooking utensils.
3. Keep a close eye on your weight. Obesity can raise the risk of breast cancer. Try to maintain a healthy body weight.
4. Eat healthy diet. Though there is no acute researches show that more fruits and vegetables intake can lower the possibility of breast cancer, it’s believed that a low-fat diet can reduce the risk. In addition, a healthy diet can help control the weight, which is a key risk factor of breast cancer.
image source thinkprogress
5. Exercise a lot. Increased physical activity can do wonders. Just walking half an hour every day can make a difference. So, don’t just sit before the computer or rely on the car. You should walk more, exercise more, which means a healthier body and lower risk of diseases like breast cancer.
6. Reduce or quit drinking alcohol and smoking. More alcohol means higher risk. Smoking can also increase the risk as well For the sake of your health, try to reduce or quit drinking alcohol and smoking now.
7. Avoid hormone therapy. Combination hormone therapy is a risk factor of breast cancer too. Avoid hormone therapy as much as possible. Try to measure the benefits and costs before you decide to take the therapy.
8. Breast feeding can play an important role. It seems that you can get greater protective effect of breast cancer if you breast feeding longer.
image source pitterpatter
Featured image source longtron