Published on May 23rd, 2013 | by Tom0
How to Make Your Own Homemade Sunscreen
Sunscreen is a must for skin’s daily protection. However, sunscreen products sold in stores often contain chemical ingredients which may be too much for certain type of skins, in particular, sensitive skin. So all you need is a natural, safe, and cheap homemade sunscreen for your skin protection. Follow the recipe mentioned below and you will have your sunscreen made at your own home.
- Olive oil is preferred when making the sunscreen; other edible, natural oils are OK too. Heat it up with low flame.
- Add about 30 g of beeswax to the oil and stir it regularly until it is melted completely.
- Add one or two tablespoon of titanium dioxide powder, each time a little. Stir it to make the powder well mixed with the oil and beeswax. Remember to wear gloves and a face mask to prevent any harm form the powder.
- Pour the mixture into a container and keep it in a cool environment.
- Keep it away from curious children to prevent misingestion.
- Do not use any utensils of making this sunscreen to any food use. You’d better label them so that you could not misuse them.
- Remember to stir the powder up from the bottom when using it. Only opaque product will be effective.
Image by Royalty-Free/Corbis