Published on May 26th, 2013 | by Tom0
How To Get Tan Without Burning
Some people may have more confidence when they get tanned. However, there are lots of things need to be noticed about when we doing tanning, for example UV burns, risks of skin cancer and awkward colors. Read the following steps and you will have a basic clue about how to tan without getting yourself burned.
- Choose tanning methods. Beaches are the perfect places for getting an old-fashioned tanning. However, if you cannot reach the beaches, salon with tanning bed is a good choice too. Any places having sunshine are OK for your tanning. Just prepare the things you need for it, such as a beach chair, drinks, or towel.
- Hydrate your body. Hydrated body will have a better effect of tanning than dry skins do. Besides, dry bodies are more likely to get burned. So use exfoliator and moisturizer to keep your body well hydrated.
- Wear sunscreen. If you are going to get tanned by natural sunlight at beaches, remember to wear sunscreen to protect yourself from getting burned. The amount you apply will be determined by your skin’s condition.
- Have a flow tanning. Wearing the same swimsuit in different occasions will minimize tan lines. Not dressing, if you can, will get you no tan lines at all.
- Keep moving. An all-over tanning needs constant moving, so that you can tan the places which normally don’t get shined.
- Pay attention to your eyes. Not wearing sunglasses will help you get a deeper tan. However, this may put your eyes on risk of getting burned. So remember either to wear a hat or close your eyes when you are tanning.
- Hydrate after tanning. Hydrating after tanning will provide nutrition to your skin and make the tanning effect more long-lasting.
Tips and warnings
- Do not tan every day.
- Use Aloe Vera to ease your skin if you get burned. It is a good choice to soothe your skin after your tanning.
- Using vinegar is another effective way of easing burning. However, it may make you smell strangely.
- Do tanning in a gradual process. Don’t try to tan very long time in your first time.
image via [bolerosalon]