Most of the foot blisters will heal themselves naturally and do not require medical attention. But it is annoying and painful, if you are an unlucky sufferer of a huge blister, follow the steps to speed the healing.
1. Clean the blister and the surrounding area gently with warm water and soap. It is a good idea to add anti-bacterial ointment.
2. Drain the blister. Before you drain the blister, wash your hands and sterilize a pin or needle tweezers in boiling water or alcohol for disinfection.
3. After you popped the blister, drain the liquid by gently pushing down on the blistered area with a clean cotton or tissue.
4. Add I cup of Epsom salts into I gallon of warm water, mix them in a basin. Soak your foot in the salt water for 15-30 minutes to draw out of the fluid.
5. Clean and dry the blister area, and loosely cover the blister with clean bandage. To prevent the bandage from sticking to the blister, you can apply an antibiotic ointment, like polymyxin B. In addition, this will help the wound to prevent infection. But make sure you are not allergic to the antibiotic ointment before applying.
6. Do not peel the flap of skin off. The skin covering the blister will protect tender skin underneath from infection.
7. Check the blister daily and change fresh bandage or gauze regularly and keep the blister clean and dry.
8. Avoid wearing the tight shoes or doing intensive activity when you are still painful.
9. Do not use duct tape to wrap your blister. This will further damage your blister and the skin around by preventing skin from breathing.
How to prevent foot blisters
1. Keep your feet moist. Apply skin creams of lotions regularly to maintain proper moisture of your feet.
2. Wear comfortable socks. Socks with reinforced heels and toes are recommended to help you reduce friction.
3. Wear comfortable shoes. Buy shoes suitable to your size. When you bought a pair of new shoe, spend some time breaking in it. This will give a chance for the shoe to conform to your foot and lower the risk of getting a blister.
4. Take off the boot or shoes after a long time of outdoor activity. If you have to carry on, cover the area that is prone to blister with moleskin or bandage to reduce fraction.
No related posts found!
0 Responses to How to Get Rid Of Foot Blisters Fast