Published on July 21st, 2013 | by Tom0
How to Get Rid of Poison Ivy Rash
You may accidently attach theand get the uncomfortable rashes. Feel annoyed? Stop doing that, what you have to do is to get rid of those poison ivy rashes immediately and here are some good .
- Run water over the rash as soon as possible. The poison urushiol would be rinsed off if you do this within 10 minutes. Never take hot shower which will worsen the situation. And avoid using soap before you wash of your skin with just water.
- is useful. Rub alcohol on the affected area and rinse thoroughly with cold water.
- Plain table salt does wonders. Wet the affected area first and rub the salt on it which can stop further spread.
- peel helps relieve itching. Rub the inner side of a banana peel on the rash and rinse under running water.
- Toothpaste can be used to cure rashes caused by poison Ivy too. Apply it to the needed area before your bedtime and wash it the next day morning.
- Calamine lotion treats itching effectively. Apply it the rashes and the antiseptic contained in it can help stop infection.
- Witch hazel can calm the rash down. The cooling, soothing extract of witch hazel can relieve itching and irritation dramatically.
- Get fresh ocean water if possible. Break the poison ivy blisters slightly and let the ocean water get in. You will find the situation is better in one or two days.
Read More: How to Treat Poison Ivy and Poison Oak