Published on August 27th, 2013 | by Tom0
How To Get Rid of Nausea
When you eat or smell something wrong, or ride car for a long time, you may start feeling sick to your. Although nausea is not life-threatening, it makes you feel bad and keep you from your daily activities. Fortunately, there are many simple to soothe your symptoms.
Home remedies for nausea
- Drink plenty of liquid of room temperature. You can choose tea, juice or clear broth to keep you hydrated and makes it easier for your stomach. Take small sips of the liquids since drinking too fast may worsen your condition. You can also drink sports drinks that contain sodium and potassium to help you maintain a balance of electrolytes in your body.
- If you want to eat， you should eat something easy to digest, such as toast or crackers. Other foods recommended are bananas, rice, applesauce etc. Avoiding and foods high in fat or sugar will be better for your upset stomach. Also, avoid milk and dairy products which are hard to digest.
- Get plenty of rest. Lie down and have a good rest when you are suffering from nausea. Avoid too much activity for this will make you feel worse.
- Use compress. Apply cold compress on your head will make you feel comfortable
- . Ginger is considered as one of the best natural remedies to help soothe an upset stomach. Drinking ginger tea, eating ginger snaps or gingerbread is useful to ease nausea, but make sure the tea or bread actually contains ginger.
- . Some people found that smelling a lemon works for nausea. Just cut open a fresh lemon and take a deep breath. This treatment is very simple, so the next time you feel sick to your stomach, you can have a try.
- Herbal teas. Make a pot of tea with 1 tablespoon of dry mint leaves and 16 ounces of water. Sip the tea slowly. It is shown that eat boiled mint leaves also help to relieve nausea. or cinnamon tea also works well for nausea, but cinnamon tea is not recommended for .
- Vinegar. Mix 1/4 cup of white vinegar with 1/4 cup of water. Rinse your mouth with this solution to wash away any particles left from vomiting, otherwise it may trigger additional vomiting.
- OTC options. OTC products like Mylanta or Pepto Bismal can help ease nausea or vomiting as well.