Published on June 3rd, 2013 | by Tom0
How To Get Rid Of Head Lice, Prevention & Treatment
Head lice usually happen to little. It can cause devastating frustration and annoy. Generally speaking, there are three kinds of lice, including head lice, body lice and public lice. Whoever you are, you may get lice sometimes. This article provides you with some prevention and treatment tips.
Prevention & Treatment
- Check yourself to find out whether you have lice. When you have an itchy head, you may infect lice already. By looking your hair carefully, you can see small white eggs (also called nits) stuck near your hair roots. However, don’t worry. It is not so difficult to get rid of them.
- Buy shampoos especially designed for lice removal. A quality nit comb will be a great help. You can find them at a drug store or supermarket. Use them as directed. Wash your hair with specialized shampoo and then apply the nit comb to get rid of these annoying eggs. You should not shampoo or condition your hair in following 1-2 days.
- Ask friends or family to help you out. As you cannot see your own head very clearly, you can turn to your friends. Treat them with a few drinks as it is not an easy work. Prepare a trash basket near you to deal with the little buggers when they are removed from your head.
- Repeat the whole process several times according to your own situation. Make sure you get rid of them all. Be patient if you don’t want to face them in the near future. Never miss one little nit which can bring a disaster.
- Clean all your belongings, including your bedding and clothing, in hot water. Remember to check for nits per day. If new eggs appear, you need to take actions immediately. Repeat the above steps if necessary.
for Head Lice
- Try the Denorex as it has been recommended by many people. It has great effects on the removal of lice. By combining use of Suave, it can well prevent yourself from getting lice again.
- Make a head lice shampoo by yourself. Things you may need are 2 tablespoons Tea Tree Oil, 6 ounces Dawn Dishwashing Liquid (Dawn ONLY) and 2 ounces white vinegar. They are cheap enough that everybody can afford them. Mix them totally in a big bottle. Then you can use them as a regular shampoo and remember to leave on your hair about 5 minutes before rinsing. Eye contact should be avoided. If you get some shampoos in your eyes, flush them with large quantities of water. Keep a bottle of it just in case.
- Some people find Rid, Nix, Olive oil, mayo and many others did not work at all and came up with some tricks with wonderful effects. Firstly, you need place Listerine mouthwash onto your hair and leave it for about 2 hours. Secondly, use vinegar. Like before, leave it in your hair about one hour. Thirdly, comb your hair with a lice comb carefully and patiently. Lastly, wash your hair like usual.
Tips & Warnings
- As lice usually transmitted from head to head, you need to make sure people around you do not have the problem. If they do, you can help them to get rid of them.
- Never leave anything in your hair longer than instructed. Despite the great effects they may have, they may do harm to your scalp if not be used properly.