Published on July 16th, 2013 | by Tom0
How to Get Rid of Gnats In The House Fast
are extremely exasperating to get within your home as they damage any meals objects kept open for attack. They are completely harmless except that they are the most annoying insects on the planet. They tend to buzz around our heads, bouncing off of our faces and at times get into our ears. Their average life span is around four month and they spend most of those months laying eggs. They grow to be truly massive pests if their numbers enhance getting rid of them might get difficult. During its life each gnat can lay between two hundred and three hundred eggs. Allow me to share some steps on how to get rid of in the house that will allow you to together with your issue.
1. Clean Up. Protective sanitation would take away their breeding grounds. Clean up the living area especially the, where they are most likely to be found. Most gnats love the smell of rotten so make sure you throw all away any food residue, put away the garbage, and clean the sink disposal. You see them often around your trash cans and sink drains, most likely busy laying eggs there. Keep trash cans covered at all times, and empty them every night and also disinfect your drains. Gnats even love vegetables and fruits so leave your compost buckets outside.
2. Soggy soil attracts gnats as they like over-watered plants. So make sure you avoid over watering your plants. Since pasteurization kills gnats and as microorganisms feed on them, use only pasteurized potting soil.
3. Most gnats prefer to live and breed outside, but you can find them indoor living in houseplants or congregating on your window screens. To find out whether the gnats are getting into the house, check whether are there any cracks will allow them to get inside. As they could be breeding right outside and wandering in. Seal the cracks as they are very tiny and have a knack for finding small holes or cracks.
image via wikihow
4. Clean the counters with a cleaner containing bleach to discourage gnats.
5. Gnats are attracted to vinegar. To eliminate the source pour the mixture into small dishes or cups and set them out in the areas where gnats congregate. The gnats are attracted to the sweetness of the vinegar, so pour equal parts ofcider vinegar and dish detergent, they will get caught and die in the dish soap. They will feed on the mixture and die. Even apple cider vinegar and baking soda works well. Make this mixture slowly, as vinegar and baking soda react and foam up, be careful.
6. Trap them by filling a jar with vinegar and punch tiny holes in the lid and secure it to the jar. Via the lid gnats will enter the jar but will not be able to climb back out. You can then put the jar outdoors and remove the lid to release the insects. It is a good way of removing gnats from your house.