Published on June 4th, 2013 | by Tom1
How to Get Rid of Foot Odor & Stinky Feet
How to prevent foot odor
The primary reason of this problem is the sweat on your feet which provides a hotbed for bacteria. The strong odor comes from the organic acids. So if you want to prevent foot odor, you need to have good feet hygiene.
- Choose shoes with good breathability. The plastic ones should be avoided since they keep out the air and lead to a lot of sweat. Leather shoes are better.
- Soak your feet every day. You need to wash your feet every day and if time permitted, you can spare some time to have a nice and long feet soaking. After that, put some foot cream on your feet.
- Use cotton socks. They are of good breathability and softness. It is always a better choice than other man-made socks.
- Take off your socks at night. It is the only opportunity for your feet to be free. Let them breathe free. Of course, if you are cold, you can put on your socks.
Home remedies for foot odor
- Soak your feet with black tea. It is a natural and easy way to keep yourself from foot odor. You just need two tea bags and some boiling water. Put the tea in the water and when the temperature is less, you can start your comfortable feet soaking. Ten minutes a night and keep it for one week. The tannic acid of the tea can well prevent your feet from sweating and causing odor. You can reduce the frequency of feet soaking if you find the problem is much better and under control. Then once a week is enough.
- Take advantage of sunlight to kill the bacteria. The UV ray of direct sunlight is a strong enemy of bacteria that causing foot odor. So you should take every available opportunity to let your feet enjoy the beautiful sunshine. Tan your feet if you like the black skin.
- Vinegar is also useful for smelly feet. As a kind of condiment, it is not only delicious but also helpful in the cure of many diseases. You need to mix the vinegar and hot water. Soak your feet in the mixture for about ten minutes. And then use a soap to remove the smell of vinegar. Sooner or later, the annoying smell will disappear for good.
- Take some Zinc. Deficiency of zinc is a cause of foot odor. So you need to make sure that you take in enough Zinc every day. Take 50 mgs of zinc per day for 2 weeks. If you find your foot odor is better and even disappear, it is believed that you have found the right remedy.
- Talcum Powder can be effective. Before putting on your socks, you can put some talcum powder on your feet. And also place some in your shoes. it will help you to remove the bad smell and keep your feet dry the whole day.
Tips & Warning
- Find ways to release your stress since it can result in lots of sweating.
- Some foot spray is available for you, such as Rocket Pure,Odor-X and On Your Toes.