Published on July 24th, 2013 | by Tom0
How to Get Rid of Cold Sores Fast
Asore, also called a fever blister, is small, painful and fluid-filled. It’s not a serious thing, but it can be downright irritating and uncomfortable. Never leave it alone, it may be infected again and turn into something dangerous. Here are some , have a try to get rid of cold sores right now.
1. Petroleum jelly. Not only can camouflage the exposed cold sores, the petroleum jelly can also speed healing and help protect them from secondary infection. And a local anesthetic ointment containing benzocaine can help numb thetemporarily. Alum has the same effect too.
2.balm. Lemon balm has antiviral properties. The lemon balm cream can help promote the healing of cold sores and decrease the cure time to five days.
3. Lysine. An essential amino acid, being contained in many foods and supplements, can be used to make protein, which can produce infection-fighting antibodies, hormones and body tissues. Increase the intake of foods and supplements that are high in Lysine.
4. Ice pack and aloe. The first day you feel the tingling sensation, put 2-3 ice cubes on yourand then apply a little bit of aloe. This can keep the cold sore from developing. So, it only but very effective if you use it early enough.
5. Hot pack. Beside the ice pack, hot pack is effective too, but there are something you have to do first is to dry up the sores. Pick a needle or pin and get it sanitized over match-fire or lighter-flame until pin is red. Wipe off the black residue on the tip and then dab the pin in the Hydrogen Peroxide to get complete sterilization. Punch the holes on the liquid bubble directly and gently to dry up the sores. Then, soak a clean white towel in hot water and pad the affected area with the towel with firm pressure. Repeat the hot pack with clean hot water until bubble is flat. When you see white foam, use a Q-tip to apply Hydrogen Peroxide. You can find the dramatic effect in an hour.
6.remover. Soak a cotton ball in the polish remove and put it in the affected area for 10-20 seconds. It seems has a dramatic effect. Have a try.
7. Cloves. Smash the cloves up as powdery and add a little bit of water to make some sort of paste. Cover the entire cold sores with the paste for one minute. Choose to do this at night; after finish it, have a good sleep; you will wake up with the sores gone.
8. Salt and toothpaste. Mix a little salt and toothpaste at first. And apply the mixture to the affected area before bed. This can dry up the sores next morning.