Published on June 3rd, 2013 | by Tom0
How To Get Rid Of Chest Acne
Are you tired of the acne that breaks out all over your chest? Are your annoyed with the fact that you can’t wear a favorite suit because of the chest acne? This article will show you some home remedies and quick tricks to get rid of chest acne.
Chest acne home remedies
- Shower with a soap that fights against acne. Soap-containing ingredients of cucumber, salicylic acid can help curing acne. Use a loofah scrubbing sponge and the soap that fights acne while you are taking shower. Shower every day to clean the sebum and bacteria which will cause acne.
- Exfoliate. Choose the proper products to remove the dead skin. Use natural defoliants like ground walnut shell, or select an over-the-counter chemical defoliant like salicylic acid or glycolic acid.
- Use oil-free, medicated lotion and cream. Use a cream with 2.5% benzoyl peroxide. Do not use 5% or 10% benzoyl peroxide. Applying retinol cream on your chest at night can help prevent breakouts in tough places.
- Apply mask. Rub a mud or charcoal mask on your chest two times a week. This can help clearing the affected area and unclogging your pores. The mandelic acid mask is also an option. Apply it to the chest and keep it for 10-15 minutes before a shower and wash it off with some specially formulated acne wash. Many people feel a clay-based mask or a mask containing tee tree oil is useful for acne treatment. You can have a try.
Recommend: Top 10 Rated Acne Skin Treatment Products
Chest acne prevention
- Wear clean and “breathable” clothes. Avoid wearing tight clothing; loose cotton clothing can let your skin breath and won’t trap oil.
- Keep a healthy diet. Walnuts can reduce skin inflammation. Keep a handful intake of walnut every day if possible. Avoid unhealthy foods such as dairy products, chocolate, greasy which can affect your complexion and worsen your acne.Eat more fruits and vegetables.
- Wash hands as often as you can, especially after you go to the bathroom.
- Use non-comedogenic products. Products whose labels say “non-comedogenic” or “oil-free” are good choices.
- Exercise regularly, drink lots of water and keep relax.
- Prepare the hydrogen peroxide, cotton swab, concealer, foundation, powder for ready, and notice that:
- Concealer should contain salicylic acid and the shade should a little bit darker than your skin tone; one shade darker is best.
- Foundation and powder should match your skin tone.
- Dab cotton swab in the hydrogen peroxide and then apply to your blemish, then apply the concealer, foundation and powder one by one.
- If you don’t want to , calamine lotion is a good choice to mask the acne and relieve the irritation.