Published on August 19th, 2013 | by Tom0
How to Get Rid of Cartilage Piercing Bumps
Cartilage piercings makes you look amazing, but if the jewelry is not fitting, you will get a bump which is very painful. Luckily, there are many ways you can follow to make you beautiful and comfortable.
for cartilage piercing
1. Aspirin, Sea salt and water
Crush 2 plain aspirins into powder in a small bowl, add 1/2 cup of hot water and a dash of sea salt into the bowl and mix them. Apply the mixture to your piercing bumps and leave it there for about 10 minutes. Then clean it up with cool water. Apply a warm compress with a clean washcloth on the bump. Release them after 5 minutes and allow it to dry.
2. Thesalt soak.
Salt soaks is very effective for cartilage piercing bumps, the combination of chamomile and salt water will make it works more wonderful. As we all know,can help soothe the skin, lowering the risk of getting scars. Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt in to a cup of hot water, and pour 1/2 cup of chamomile tea into the mixture, stir them up. Soak a cotton pad in the mixture and press it on the bump. Apply this twice a day for 5 minutes, or more if necessary. You can also apply the soaked tea bag directly to your bump.
3. Salt soaks with topical treatment.
Apply salt soak twice a day for 5 minutes, remember the salt water should not taste salter than tears. The addition of one of the following is recommended:, 3% of hydrogen peroxide solution, or diluted tea tree oil. Simply rub of one to the bump after salt soaking. Improvement will be seen after 2-3 weeks, if not, try a new one.
Tips and warnings
1. Change your jewelry with a smaller and fitting one.
2. Do not press or pop your bump, it is easy to get infected.
3. Always remember to wash your hands before you touch your piercing area or start your treatment.
4. Buy jewelry of good quality and disinfect it with alcohol before wearing.
5. If you get infection, do not remove your jewelry immediately. Go to the doctor for help.
6. Do not wear jewelry until the infection is gone.