Published on June 5th, 2013 | by Tom0
How to Get Rid of Ants in House
Ant is a kind of common species which appears anywhere inside and outside the house. Ants cause little trouble if they do not infest in our house. However, they are driven by the motivation forand they always enter our kitchens and other rooms to get their meals. When we find the house has been infested, we should take actions immediately to get rid of ants. In this passage I will offer adequate suggestions for you whether your purpose is to get rid of ants naturally or to kill them completely.
How to prevent ants from entering your house?
Wash and disinfect your dishes in time
- Find the cracks and crevices in your house and repair or seal them completely. This is also good for air conditioners to control the temperature, which will reduce electric charge.
- Use scents and substances that dispel ants. Ants do not like substances like vinegar, pepper mint oil, cinnamon, black pepper, cayenne pepper, juice, coffee grounds, etc. These might be harmful for children and pets, so you should use them with special care.
- Clean your house regularly and carefully. The needs special care when you do your cleaning. You’d better wash your kitchen counters with bleach water every night. Bleach should also be applied regularly when you mop floors.
- Put leftovers such as sweets and starches in a tightly sealed container such as a refrigerator.
Get rid of ants organically
- Boric acid is a common home control product to get rid of ants. It is very organic because it’s 100% natural. You can make a mixture of one cup of water, 1/2 cup of sugar, and two tablespoons of boric acid. Then you’d better soak cotton balls in the mixture and put these cotton balls near the trails of the ants in your house.
- You can use some talcum powder or diatomaceous in your vacuum so that you will not offer a new habitation for the ants.
- Mix up some rubbing , dish soap and water in a spray bottle. Shake the mixture until it produces bubbles. Spray the solution and the ants won’t go close to it.
Get rid of ants by poison
- This is the last choice but it is the most effective. There are poisons of various kinds which help you to kill ants completely. But you should be very careful and make sure that the poisons and deterring solution are out of the reach of children and family pets.
image via [wordpress]