Published on July 25th, 2013 | by Tom0
How to Get Rid of Blackheads on Your Nose Fast
What are blackheads
Blackheads are tiny, dark spots caused by excess oils that have accumulated in the sebaceous gland’s duct. It’s a kind of comedo that opens up and appears on the surface.
How to Get Rid of Blackheads
- Wash your face twice every day with a proper cleanser which can make your skin really clean, fresh, and radiant.
- Remove the dead skin by exfoliating. Or scrub the dead skin cells by using a facial scrub with tiny, fine granules.
- Moisturize with non-comedogenic moisturizers.
- Apply mask once weekly.
Home remedies part
- Turmeric and mint juice. The mixture of some turmeric powder and two tablespoons of mint juice are effective for blackheads treatment. Just apply the mixture to the affected areas and keep it for several minutes, and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Gelatin and Milk. Mix one tablespoon of milk and one tablespoon of flavorless gelatin and put the mixture in the microwave for 10 seconds. Apply the mixture in the shape of pore strip and leave it dry, then remove the strip.
- Fenugreek and water. Make a thick paste by adding a little water to the fenugreek leaves and apply it on the blackheads every day. Wash it with lukewarm water after 10 minutes.
- Toothpaste. Wet the affected area and wet the toothbrush with toothpaste on it. Scrub the affected area with the toothbrush gently for several minutes. You can also make a mixture of a teaspoon of toothpaste and half a teaspoon of ordinary table salt, then apply it to the blackheads and keep it for more than 5 minutes. Wash with warm water and then splash some cold water to close pores.
- Cornmeal and facial cleanser. You can make a mixture by take one tablespoon of powdered cornmeal and some of your regular facial cleanser. Apply the mixture after steaming. Massage it gently in circular motion and leave it for few minutes.Then, wash with cold water which can close your pores effectively.
- Steaming. Steaming your face over hot water and apply glue. Take the glue off until it’s completely dry.
image source baumwirt
There are many products on the market to treat the blackheads. You should make proper choice. You can ask your dermatologist for suggestions or do research online before you buy one. Here are some recommendations:
- Alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) and Beta-hydroxy acids (BHAs): AHAs can help celar dead skin and debris on the surface. And BHAs can concentrate on the surface of the pore to dissolve the plugs.
- Pore strips: this can provide immediate effects of plugged pores but should be followed by proper skin care regime.
- Retinoids: the vitamin A derivative can clear clogged pores and prevent blackheads from forming effectively.
- Benzoyl peroxide, Antibiotics and Accutane are some other medication tropical treatments over-the-counter.