Published on June 11th, 2013 | by Tom0
How to Get Rid of Bad Breath from Garlic or Onion
Onions and garlic are favored by many people with their tons of health benefits. However, lots of people have to give them up simply because of their bad smell. You never want to ruin your dates or interviews just because you eat garlic or onion before. If you cannot avoid eating garlic or onion since you like them very much, there is something you can do to minimize the effect. Isn’t amazing? You can erase any tracks of ever eating them. Let’s cut to the chase.
For Bad Breath
- Brush your teeth and rinse your mouth thoroughly. It will help you to remove any garlic or onion particles left in your teeth and also can freshen your breath. By killing bacteria related to the bad smell, you will make yourself odor-free.
- Eat something minty. You can buy some gum with minty flavors. It is the most convenient way to freshen your breath up. If possible, you can chew some fresh parsley, minty tea and mint leaves. It well reduces the odor of garlic and onions.
- Consume some vegetables to counter the smell. If you are the one who cook, you should prepare some vegetables to help your family getting rid of bad breath, like lemons, carrots and mushrooms. They are the enemy of onion and garlic.
- Take some . Studies show that some substances in green tea can neutralize the compounds that result in bad smell in onion and garlic. Lemonade and even water can greatly reduce the disturbing odor in your mouth.
- Some drinking may be helpful. The can kill the bacteria in your mouth. Without a lingering aftertaste, Vodka should be your best choice. Just a small shot. Drunkenness is much worse than bad breath in terms of self-image.
- Apply mustard. Of course, it is effective only when you are able to stand mustard. Firstly, you need to take a teaspoon of mustard and then swish it around in your mouth for a half minute. Secondly, spit them out and take another spoon. Lastly, swallow them up. It helps you to get rid of bad smell.
- Keep good hygiene of your mouth. Mouthwash, floss, water pick and tongue cleaner are all available for you. For your own sake, please never be lazy about things that related to your health.
- Sometimes, you need to take care of your clothes as the garlic smell may linger on your clothes. In this case, you can use some spray to cover it up like perfume and cologne.
- If you indeed cannot deal with the annoying odor, you can take garlic supplements. And also you can cook them fully which decrease the side effects.
image via [tiogadentalnews]