Published on June 9th, 2013 | by Tom0
How to Get Rid of a Sore Throat
Sore throat is really annoying. Though it’s not a severe disease, you indeed feel awfully uncomfortable when you get it. Want to get rid of it fast and naturally? You’re the right place, follow the, you’ll feel better.
Take Anti-inflammatories or analgesic. Ibuprofen, aspirin and acetaminophen are considered as effective medicines to cure sore throat. It can ease theand also reduce the swelling caused by a sore throat. But aspirin shouldn’t be used for children under 19. For and nursing , special attention and consultation should be taken.
Keep your throat hydrated. You may have a feeling of Throat Thickening, so drink a lot of fluids to keep your throat hydrated. Water is good, but if you want something flavorous, honey-tea or herbal tea is also good choice. Cayenne pepper tea and cinnamon milk also work greatly, you can have a try.
Gargle is also important. Gargle and rinse your throat with raspberry tea, cayenne pepper, sage, or warm saltwater. All these are have amazing effects. Remember don’t drink any liquid that you have used as a gargle.
- Raspberry tea: prepare 1 cup boiling water and 2 teaspoons dried leaves. Pour the water over the leaves and steep for 10 minutes, then strain. Make sure it becomes cool before you use it for gargle.
- Cayenne pepper: this is a little spicy, but you’ll feel better fast if you can bear it. Mix 4-5 shakes of cayenne pepper with a sup of very warm water. Then, add a drop or two of lemon juice to the mixture. Gargle deeply and spit out the liquid. Repeat this until all the liquid is gone. Don’t try to cool down your mouth with anything, water or beverage, never. Just hold a tablespoon of yogurt on your tongue to relief the hot feeling.
- Sage: I teaspoon age and I cup boiling water, mix and steep for 10 minutes, then strain. And add 1 tea spoon cider vinegar and honey respectively. Gargle four times a day.
- Warm saltwater: salt water can cut phlegm and reduce inflammation effectively. Mix 1/2 teaspoon salt and a cup of warm water, making sure the salt is dissolved. Gargle every three or four hours.
Change yourand habit. As you do those remedies, you should remember, hot and beverage will aggravate your condition. And don’t take shower with cool water. Instead, take hot bath every night to steam yourself which will reduce your pain.
Tips and warnings
- Get enough rest.
- Stay in wet air rather than dry one. Or you can use to wet the air.
- Have some nutritional chicken soup.
- Spray is effective too. Analgesic sprays like Chloraseptic are effective but just can relieve the pain temporarily. So you have to spray several times an hour.