Published on June 6th, 2013 | by Tom0
How to Get Rid of a Sore Neck
1. Exercise with gentle movements of your neck. You can gently move your head in a circular repetition, which helps relax the stiff muscles around your neck. You should control the strength and the pain will be alleviated later. Another option is to move your head back and forth. Then you can move your head from side to side. You should stop it immediately if you feel any pain.
2. Take OTC medicine such as acetaminophen and ibuprofen. These painkilling drugs can alleviate pain in a very short time. However, you cannot give aspirin to children who are younger than 18 years old since it does damage to their brains.
3. Take a shower. Pour the lukewarm water over your neck for several minutes. This also relaxes your neck muscles.
4. Apply a heating pad or an ice pad to your neck until you feel better.
5. Apply a massage. You are suggested to consult your doctor before applying a massage if you suffer a sore neck for a long period of time.
6. For other options, there are acupuncture and hydrotheraphy.
7. In order to get rid of the sore neck completely, you should develop good habits. You can sleep in the proper position with enough pillows and with windows closed. You should care about the hurt of your neck after you have done an unusual activity. If you work at the desk the whole day, you should relax your neck for a while during the intervals.