Published on June 15th, 2013 | by Tom2
How to Stop a Runny Nose, Home Remedies
The commongenerally involves a runny nose which is really troublesome, especially when you are in public or some important occasions. So, once you got a runny nose, you should try to Stop it as soon as possible.
1. Take a warm bath to steam yourself. This can soothe a runny nose instantly.
2. Sleeping in a humidified bedroom is effective for runny nose treatment. The moist environment can make mucus thinner.
3. Press the corner of your nose to alleviate congestion. And also apply mild pressure both below your eyes and on each side of your face.
4. Use salt water to irrigate nasal passage. Mix 1 teaspoon of salt with 1 cup of warm water. Gargle with the mixture for several minutes. Or you can put it into eyedropper and release a few drops into your nose several times per day. Also, you can wash the nostrils with the mixture to clear out the toxins from the nose.
5. Roll a piece ofinto a tiny ball and place it inside your nostril. Keep relax and breathe normally.
6.root extract can increase circulation and reduce mucus. Chew a ginger root and swallow the juice three or four times per day to treat a runny nose. You can also use the ginger to make a cup of tea. The herbal tea of ginger is one best solution for runny nose. Boil few fresh slices of ginger for 5-7 minutes with a mug of water. Prepare a tea bag in a cup with some sugar and pour the boiled mixture in the tea cup. Then, add a little extract and enjoy your great herbal tea.
7. If your runny nose is caused by a cold, take some cold medication to cure your cold as well as your runny nose at the same time.
8. Over-the-counter medications like oral decongestants, nasal spray decongestants, antihistamines and diphenhydramine are available choices to help you get rid of runny nose. But these are recommended when your runny nose don’t get cured naturally or become serious and have stayed for a long time.
9. See a doctor for professional advices if the situation of your runny nose is really serious.