Headache & Migraine
Published on June 8th, 2013 | by Tom0
How to Get Rid of a Headache
Have ever had awhich prevents you from doing everything except for waiting for it disappearance? According to researches, a large number of people suffer from headache now and then. It is usually caused by excessive stress, unhealthy habits and some other factors. However, few know how to relieve the and they often choose a painkiller, which is not so good for your own health. This article will tell your some to get rid of a headache.
- Take painkillers to relieve your pain immediately. Sometimes the headache is so unbearable that it is better to take a painkiller. You are suggested to take the medicine as soon as you feel the first flicker of a headache. These painkillers include ibuprofen, acetaminophen, naproxen and aspirin. Remember not to take aspirin if you are not above 19 years old.
- Drink plenty of plain old water and do not drink anything like coffee, , and drinks containing sugar.
- Take a good rest in a quiet and dark place. You require absolute peace to relieve your pain.
- Place a soft and cool towel on your forehead to make the blood vessels constrict when the pain is in your temples. Wet the towel again with more as soon as it becomes warm.
- If you have long hair, you can brush it to take some of the weight off your head. You can also have a shower or wash your hair, which have the same effect.
- Sometimes a headache is caused by hunger. So you can have a small meal and then relax for a while to wait the pain to subside.
- Doing some message is helpful to relieve the headache. If you prefer a basic message, you can press your fingers lightly over temples and slowly move your fingers in circles.
- A variety of methods to reduce stress can relieve a headache. Meditation in a quiet place, taking deep breath, imagination and listening to light music are among the options.
- Reduce your stress. You can write down your troubles which put you under great pressure. Then you probably find the problem can be solved anyway. If it does not work, you can also escape from the harsh reality for a while by reading a book, watching a movie and playing a game. You will feel refreshing after that.
- If you find the symptom has never appeared before and it gets significantly worse during a short period of time, you should go to see the doctor or call emergency services immediately.