Published on May 22nd, 2013 | by Tom0
How to Exfoliate Your Face
- The best time for scrubbing away the dead skin is in the morning.
- Place a hot, wet wash cloth under your entire face to open your pores. Then, clean your face with face wash.
- Rub the product on your face. You can make your exfoliating scrub by mixing regular white sugar and water—3 tablespoons of sugar and one of water—with your finger until it’s a slightly thick paste. Then, gently rub the paste over your face in circle motions to remove dead skin. Also, you can choose some exfoliate products on the market and apply it with a brush. The brush of Clarisonic is a popular choice.
- Wash off and moisturize. Rinse off exfoliant with warm—never hot—water. Then, splash cold water over face to close pores and pat gently with a towel until your face dry. Apply moisturizer to keep the skin dewy.
A professional and great body scrubs is not cheap. Rather than looking for some cheap and proper place for spa, why not do it yourself at home? Here are great tips shared by Marcia Kilgore.
- Apply oil to skin
- Use a dry brush to brush in short, light strokes from the feet up.
- Apply a sugar or salt scrub from the feet again and massage the skin in circular motion.
- Rinse off by warm water and apply a salicylic acid body wash. Pay more attention to elbows, heels, knees and butt acne.
- Apply moisturizer when your skin is slightly damp.