Published on May 17th, 2013 | by Tom0
How To Cover Up A Bruise With Makeup
You may accidently get yourself hurt and then leave a black-and-blue mark. It may reduce your confidence if the bruises in obvious places such as arms, face are not hidden. Want to camouflage that mark quickly and properly? Here are several ways suggested to help you camouflage the ugly.
- Apply a pack to the bruised area for 30 to 60 minutes each time in the first one or two days after the bruises. This can reduce the bruise size for it slows the to the damage area. Elevate and rest the bruised area if possible. Take relief (except aspirin-based painkillers) to help reduce the pain.
- Makeup method. to conceal the bruise, especially for face which can’t be covered by something else like clothing. Here is a cover-up approach from Carol Shaw, Los Angeles-based celebrity makeup artist.
- –Find a yellow-based which is fragrance-free and hypoallergenic which can offset the blue discoloring well. It should be the thickest in consistency. But if you have bruise of other color tone, make sure to find a concealer whose color can counteract the bruise color; for instance, white based concealer for brown and green based cosmetics for red one.
- –Carefully paint on a layer of concealer to cover up your bruise completely. Then, use a fingertip to pat it into your skin gently. Apply another layer if needed. To set the concealer in place, dust some translucent powder.
- Mauve also can be used to cover up bruise. Apply it to the bruise and blend it well, then and powder to set in. You can also consider a commercial bruise covering kit if you prefer and just do as the instructions. If the bruise is caused by surgery, you can ask your doctor or for help.
- Dressing method. If you think the makeup method is troublesome, then dress properly can also help you camouflage the bruise. Choose long sleeves cloth and wrap a scarf around the neck. Look for lightweight cotton clothing in long, pant style when the weather is hot. You can also choose accessories to hide the bruise, for example, use a wristband to cover up the bruise in arm.
- Remove bruises in photo. Use airbrushing techniques remove blemishes from photos professionally or you can use a computer program like Photoshop to do it by yourself.
Warnings & Tips:
- Never apply makeup to open stiches or wounds.
- If your skin is very sensitive, remember to test the makeup products on hand before.
- Remove your makeup every night before you go to bed.
- To see the doctor if your bruise shows unusual features or no sighs of lessening after two weeks.
image via [blogspot]