Published on May 21st, 2013 | by Tom0
How to Convince Someone to Quit Smoking Cigarettes
If you are not a smoker, but people around you smoke, please read this essay. It provides a way about how to convince someone to.
- Tell the smoker the harmful effects caused by smoking and express your concern. Let them know you are worried about their health and explain the reasons why they should stop smoking. If they want to stop, you can help them stop immediately. If not, you may need to do some ideological work. Tell them the reasons why they should stop smoking right now. And also you need to listen to their reasons and solve them one by one.
- Help them to stop smoking. After the smoker makes up their mind, you offer your help. Always be supportive and gentle. Whenever they want to give up, remind them how much progress they have already made. You can tell them how much money they will save and how much benefit they will get. And the people around them will suffer from passive smoking.
- Eliminate smoking areas. Put “no smoking” signs in their home and work place. Throw away all the things are related to smoking. When you find one, trash it. If you have plenty of time, try to keep them company as they may need your help from time to time.
- When your friend asks for , please offer them alternatives, like snacks and water. You can ask them to take some and join them if possible.
- Praise and encourage them. They need you emotional support and a little encouragement will be great help.
- When they complete the whole process, celebrate victory with them. Tell them how proud you feel for them.
image via [smokefree]