Published on July 29th, 2013 | by Tom0
Home Remedies For Sore Throat
If you have a sore throat, you will feel painful while you are speaking or swallowing. Sore throat is very common in our daily life which generally does not need medical attention, but it is often a sign of getting sick, so you’d better take some measures as soon as possible. Read the article and you’ll find many simple home treatments to make you feel more comfortable.
for a sore throat
- Have a good rest. Take a few days off from work or school. And have a good rest at home. Keep talking at minimal level, because your throat needs rest too.
- Drink plenty of liquid. Pure water, honey tea, warm soup will help keep you hydrated and make your throat feel better. What’s more, herbal teas work wonderful in soothing a sore throat. and sage tea are highly recommended. Avoid drinking extreme or hot liquid since it will damage your inflamed throat.
- Gargle warm salt water. Add 1\4 tablespoon of salt into 1\2 glass of warm tea and stir it until the salt dissolve. Gargle the salt water and spill it for several times every day. Although the taste is not good, it is very effective by clearing the extra mucus from the throat.
- Drink honey and . The mixture of lemon juice, some raw honey and hot water makes a wonderful natural remedy for soothing a sore throat and clearing excess mucus. But remember to drink it until it reaches room temperature.
- Set up a . If the air is dry, set up a humidifier in your house. More moisture is needed to prevent the drying out of mucous membranes, thus reducing itchiness in your throat. And remember to clean the humidifier regularly to create clean and fresh air.
- Use throat lozenges. Throat lozenges can provide your throat with temporary relief against your sore throat by keeping it moist constantly.
- Take painkillers. Take painkillers such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen are common medicine to help you ease the .