Published on September 6th, 2013 | by Tom0
Home Remedies For Scalp, Guttate & Plaque Psoriasis
1. Maintain psoriasis diet. Eat healthily to treat your psoriasis from the inside out. Increase the consumption of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy products and lean meats and fish. Meet your daily nutritional requirements and do regular exercises can help you maintain a healthy weight which is also helpful for your psoriasis treatment. Limit your consumption of juice and other products that contain sugar for it may be one of the causes of psoriasis. Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking.
2. Reduce stress. People may get psoriasis if they are always stressful. Have a massage to help relax and relieve the psoriasis symptoms. Also, you can take a yoga class to help reducing the stress as well as relieve the pain caused by psoriasis.
3. Keep moist all the time. Use a humidifier to keep the air moist and apply moisturizers to keep your skin moist. Dry skin will worsen the symptoms of itching and scratching or even lead to new psoriasis. Thick ointments like petroleum jelly or heavy skin creams are best moisturizer options.
4. Have bath cautiously. It means that you should take bath to treat psoriasis, while there are some matters needing attention. You should avoid hot water and pure water for both are harmful for your skin. Add something like sea salt, oil to the lukewarm water and then enjoy a relax bath. Pat yourself dry after rather than towel off. And the last but not the least, apply moisturizer immediately.
5. Aloe Vera was proved having a nature of soothing which makes it a wonderful product for psoriasis treatment. It can calm the affected part and prevent the spread of psoriasis.
6. Herbal liver tonics, combined with tissue and blood cleansers can be served as herbal treatment for psoriasis.
7. Turn to doctor for advice if necessary. For some medications will worsen the psoriasis in some people. Talk to the doctor about your skin condition and make sure whether the current medication will aggravate your psoriasis.
8. Small amounts of sunlight will be helpful while overexposure will worsen the condition. So be careful in the sun. Try short sessions if you want sunbathe.
9. Maintain a positive mind. Taking care of mental health is very important too. Never let psoriasis ruin your daily life.
featured image @daavlin