Published on September 9th, 2013 | by Tom0
Home Remedies for Restless Legs Syndrome
Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS) will cause an uncomfortable sensation in the legs including itchy, pins and needles or creepy crawly feeling. The exact causes of RLS remain unclear, but it was suspected run in the family. There are also some factors that are considered to be related to the development or worsening of RLS, including chronic diseases, medication,, sleep deprivation, consumption. Many people get a relief of RLS by and you can try these to alleviate the symptoms of your restless legs syndrome.
1. Apply heat or. Take a hot bath or apply a heat pad to relieve the uncomfortable feeling. Or you can apply an ice pack to get a relief.
2.your leg. Gentle massage before bedtime will make a difference. You can also massage your legs while taking a bath to fully relax your muscles.
3. Do stretchingto stretch your calves, hamstrings muscles. You will feel better after.
4. Menthol cream or ointment can be used to alleviate the RLS as well. Rub the cream or ointment on your legs before going to bed. You will get instant relief and have a sound sleep.
5. Wear socks while sleep to warm your feet and offer some protection. And you can take a warm soak before bedtime. Adding Epsom salts, baking soda orcider vinegar to the water may be better.
6. Stress may worsen the condition of restless legs syndrome. So, try to keep relaxing and reduce your stress by yoga, meditation, or something enjoyable.
7. One tablespoon of apple cider vinegar every night before bedtime can do wonders. If you can’t stand bithe bitteraste, you can buy apple cider vinegar tatables. It works the same. Also some people find that a glass of tonic water every evening also works for relieving RLS.
8. Take over-the- counter medicines like ibuprofen, dopamine or tramadol to relieve the sensation ofand twitching. But be cautious about the tramadol for you will be easily addictive to it and can’t stay away from it the whole life.
9. Change your lifestyle. Keep exercise regularly, maintain a regular sleep pattern, and reduce the consumption of, alcohol, tobacco. A regular routine of getting and rising at the same time is very important for RLS treatment. And walking half an hour in the morning may result in bright outcomes.
10. Eat foods rich in iron, magnesium and vitamin B. There were studies showing that people with iron, magnesium deficiency are more likely to get RLS. Eat well to meet the minerals and vitamins you need.