Published on August 25th, 2013 | by Tom0
Home Remedies For Ear Infection
1. Garlic & Mullein Oil
A study conducted by Washington State University shows that garlic is much more effective than antibiotics in covering bacterial infections. Antiviral properties found in garlic makes it a better painkiller than antibiotics. Here are several ways to use garlic to treat ear infection.
—use a dropper to put 2-3 drops of fresh garlic juice or oil in the infected ear, stay the position for 30 seconds to allow the juice or oil flow to the infected area. apply this 2-3 times a day until you feel better.
—boil 2-3 fresh garlic cloves for 5 minute, crush the cloves and add some salt. Wrap the mixture with a clean cloth and apply it to the infected ear.
—you can also eat 2-3 raw garlic cloves every day. This will help to speed the recovery.
2. Hot compress. Pour hot water to a water bottle and put it against the infected ear will ease the inflammation and relieve the pain. Make sure the water is not too hot to cause a burn on your skin.
3. The Onion. As a common ingredient in cooking, onion also has many medical uses including the treatment of ear infection. The fumes from the onions can effectively clean up the liquids caught behind earwax and help to drain them out. Chop a small onion, put it in the oven and heat it up for 2 minutes. Cool it down and strain out the juice. Drop a little juice into your infected ear. Keep the position for 30 seconds and then turn your head and drain it out.
4. Salt. Heat one cup of salt in the oven for 5 minutes and put them in a cloth bag, for example a sock. Use a rubber band to close the open end of the sock. Lie down and place the sock under your infected ear. Repeat this as many times as possible. The heat from the salt will help to drain out the fluid and reduce inflammation and pain.
5. Tea Tree Oil. The antibacterial qualities of tea tree oil can present immediate pain relief. Mix up 3 drops of tea tree oil, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Slightly warm them up. Put 2-3 drops of the mixture into your ear and lie down for 5 minutes. Then drain the mixture out of your ear.
6. Mango leaf extract. This is a quick and effective natural remedy for earache. Crush some mango leaves to get the juice. Warm the juice a little bit and then put 2-3 drops in your infected ear. After a few minutes you will feel much more relieved.
7. Breast milk. Natural antibodies contained in breast milk can reduce swelling and inflammation, which will speed up the healing process. Put 2-3 drops of breast milk into the painful ear. Repeat the remedy every few hours, and you can use it more if necessary. You will see obvious improvement within several days.