Published on September 5th, 2013 | by Tom0
Home Remedies For Colic Babies
Colic refers to the condition that a healthy, well-fed infant who cries for more than three hours per day, for more than three days per week, for more than three weeks. If your baby cries with their fists clenched and theirand legs stiffened, they may get colic. There is no exact cure for colic, but some can be used to soothing your crying baby.
- Onion can do wonders. Peel the first layer of an onion after the flaky layer and boil in with 3 cups of water in a pan. Take about 1 teaspoon of the water in the baby’s feeding solution.
- Apply olive oil on the child’s belly and then rub it with your fingers in circular motions.
- Add 1 or 2 teaspoon of in the baby’s bottle during each feeding. This can really make a difference. The fennel seed tea works the same as tea, being an effective alternative for you.
- Cut off milk, spicy foods, cabbage, , eggs and citrus foods I your because these foods will get into your breast milk and make your baby feel uncomfortable.
- Calm down your baby with pacifier. Sucking is a soothing activity working well for many babies.
- Try to keep your baby in motion. Put your baby in a vibrating infant seat or vibrating crib or just take a walk around. In all, try to keep your baby in motion which is an effective method for soothing your crying baby.
- Sound from some machines may be useful. The gentle hum of clothes dryer, vacuum, fan, or white-noise machine may help soothing your baby. Also, you can sing to or put on recorded music to help calm your baby down.
- Lay your baby in a quiet room and let the baby sleep in the crib. Sometime, they may just be and want some private time.
- Avoid overfeeding for this may cause gas and discomfort. And try to reduce the amount of air your baby swallows by using special gas-reducing bottle if your baby is bottle-fed.
- Giving a warm compress to assist the gas movement can soothe the baby sometimes.
- Seek professional advices from doctors if you can’t handle this yet.