Published on September 3rd, 2013 | by Tom0
Home Remedies For Chapped Lips
Chapped lips may be caused by the evaporation of moisture, leading to drying and possibly cracked lips. Being unattractive and even painful, you may just hate your dry and flaky lips and want to get rid of it immediately. Here are some home remedies can help get a relief easily and restore your charm.
- Apply the mixture of honey and sugar together to your lips and then rub it off with lukewarm water. This can dramatically remove the dead skin off.
- Rub a small slice of cucumber across the chapped lip gently and leave the cucumber juice on your lips for about 20 minutes. Wash the lips with water.
- Coconut oil is a kind of natural moisturizer that is useful for treating chapped lips. Apply pure coconut oil directly to your lips several times a day. If the coconut oil is not available, olive oil, castor oil and mustard oil are wonderful alternatives.
- Keep your home or office moist with a humidifier. The moist air will contribute to the moisture of your lips.
- Lick your lips will increase the pain ultimately. Avoid lickingy our lips as much as possible.
- Applying lip balm and wearing lipstick to protect your lips from exposure to sun and prevent them from drying.
- Change your toothpaste for sometimes your chapped lips may be the allergic reaction to the fluoride contained in the toothpaste. Try to use fluoride free toothpaste.
- Drink more fluids to keep hydrating. For the sign of dehydration may first occur on the lips.
- Increase the needed vitamin in your diet. Consume more fruits and vegetables and limit salty foods.
featured image @fusionbeauty