Published on September 2nd, 2013 | by Tom3
Home Remedies For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
1. Increase vitamin B complex. Portland Hand Surgery and Rehabilitation Center in Oregon had conducted a research showing that higher levels of vitamin B6 mean fewer carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms. And another study conducted in Japan found that lower levels of vitamin B6 showed symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome. Increase your vitamin B6 intake to 50 mg 2-3 times, which is a typical dose of vitamin B6 for carpal tunnel syndrome.
2. Avoid excess sodium. Sodium will retain waters, causing carpal tunnel to constrict against the nerve.
3. Stop the activities that cause the numbness and pain. Let your fingers, hand, and wrist rest take mini breaks to relieve the tiredness and reduce the numbness.
4. Keep healthy diet, regular exercise, and adequate sleep and avoid smoking to ensure your body’s circulation and repair systems work well, which will lower your risk of suffering injury.
Exercises for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome @geronguide
5. Rotate your wrists to reduce the fatigue or tiredness in the joints or muscles and stretch your hands and palms as well.
6. Adopt ice and prohibit heat. Ice the wrist for 10-15 minutes at a time, 2 times an hour if possible to reduce swelling and inflammation. On the contrary, heat will worsen the swelling. So, keep away from heat as much as possible.
7. Alternate between hands and have the right pose. Alternation between hands gives one of your hands a chance to rest. Working with the computer at eye level is important for you don’t have to strain or bend your wrist too much. Also try to avoid resting your wrists on the edge of the desk because it will cause extra pressure on the wrists, worsening the carpal tunnel syndrome.
8. Chiropractic, yoga, acupuncture and acupressure are useful for treating carpal tunnel syndrome too.
9. Wear wrist splint at night to keep the wrist in a neutral position.
10. Go for OTC product like aspirin, ibuprofen to reduce the pain and inflammation.