Being a common form of Mouth Ulcers, Canker Sores is usually caused by viral infections, mouth injury, lack of certain vitamins and minerals, menstrual periods, Food Allergies or emotional stress. Fortunately, most canker sores can be treated with simple home remedies. Here are some home remedies that can help you get rid of canker sores.
1. Salt water. Add one teaspoon of table salt to 1 cup of warm water and then rinse your mouth with it for several time. This can help you disinfect your mouth and relieve the pain. Aloe juice is a wonderful alternative for salt water. Just rinse your mouth with it to get a relief. You can also try mouthwash which is proved to have amazing effects for some people.
2. Baking soda. Make a small paste with baking soda and a small amount of water. Then place the paste over the Canker Sore. You can also dab a small amount of milk of magnesia on the sore several time a day. It works well too.
3. Avoid the triggers. For food allergies may the cause of canker sore, so, try to stay away from the food that are hot, spicy, rough and scratchy for they will worsen the situation. Tomatoes, nuts and shellfish are supposed to be trigger of a canker sore. Try to skip them in your diet.
4. Cayenne pepper. Cayenne pepper contains a constituent called capsaicin which can numb the nerves that cause canker sore pain. So, it is supposed to be a wonderful home remedy for canker sore treatment. But, if the capsaicin is too irritating for you, you should skip this remedy and try other remedies.
5. Ice. Ice application can make you feel better. Just apply the ice over the canker sore by allowing ice chips to dissolve over the sore.
6. Turmeric. Apply turmeric on the canker sore with your finger or with a Q-tip to get an instant relief. You can help swish with apple cider vinegar after.
7. Seek for over-the-couther products containing benzocaine. You can put place an aspirin pill over the sore until it dissolves and then rinse with warm salt water. Or take one tablespoon and swish for 30 seconds before you spit out.