Published on September 1st, 2013 | by Tom2
Home Remedies For Chest, Nasal & Sinus Congestion
Congestion refers to excessive accumulation of blood or other fluid in a body part. There are different types of congestion, includingcongestion, nasal congestion, sinus congestion and so on. And the treatment varies for different types of congestion. Go through this article to find the best to relieve your congestion.
Home remedies for chest congestion:
1. A cup of coffee daily helps. But remember to avoid peanut butter, chocolate, milk, soft bread and bad water at the same time.
2. Onions are helpful too. Slice two onions thinly and sautéed in 1 teaspoon of curry powder with 2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil. This can work wonders for the congestion because the ingredients of it can break up the mucus.
3. Parsley is a natural healer of chest congestion for it can release the body’s histamines. Add parsley to any dish if possible to help treating your chest congestion.
4. Drink herbal teas or addto hot water and drink.
5. Taking a hot shower or apply a hot pack on your chest may make you feel better. Or you can inhale steam by placing your head over a bowl of boiling water or using a nebulizer machine
6. Keep your head elevated to clear the airway and increase air supply.
7. Some yoga pose like chest-opening pose or the relining bound angle pose are helpful for chest congestion. And be physically active and take a walk daily also can make a difference.
8. Increase the intake of fruits, vegetables and spicy foods while avoid dairy products, salt and sugars.
Home remedies for nasal congestion
1. Try Neilmed sinus rinse by using a neti-pot or used directly according the instructions.
2. Chewing minted gums works as well
3. Do ten or more jumping jacks. This method was proved to be effective for many people. You can have a try
4. Tie a handkerchief over your face to cover you nose and mouth, then you can get the fresh oxygen from the bottom and it makes you breath out warm and moist air which may be useful to clear your nasal congestion. You can do this at night to help you get a better sleep.
5. Add a few pinches of salt water to a cup of warm water and then stir to make the salt dissolved completely. Then put a spoon in the water and raise it up to one of your nostrils with the other closed. Breathe in the water and the water will come out of your mouth and spit it out. Try to empty half water of the glass and leave half for the other nostril. Do this two times a day to get immediate and long lasting relief.
6. Wash your nostril with the mixture of baking soda, hot water and salt. Mix 8 ounce waters and 1/4 tablespoon of baking soda and 1/4 tablespoon of salt. Then use a bulb syringe to wash your nostril with this mixture.
7. Hot shower, herbal tea, and spicy, steaming, more water consumption also work for nasal congestion
Home remedies for sinus congestion
1. Sinus congestion is a common effect of nasal congestion. So the home remedies for nasal congestions described above also work for sinus congestion.
2. Steaming may be the most effective and simplest method for sinus congestion. Except the boiling water,cider vinegar can serve as an excellent steaming buddy for sinus congestion. Combine one part of apple cider vinegar and one part of water and then heat. Inhaling this mixture can eliminate mucus in the lining of the sinus effectively.
3. Tomato juice can cure sinus congestion excellently. Prepare 2 cups of tomato juice, 2-3 crushed cloves garlic, hot sauce and 2 teaspoonjuice. Mix them and heat in a pan. You can sip the mixture or suck the fume of it. This mixture works effectively for many people and was said to be one of the top choices for sinus congestion. It deserves your try.
4. Use vaporizer to make your environmental conditions moister. Also, amay be a good investment for you when you suffer from sinus congestion.
5. Some oils like coconut oil, eucalyptus oil can help you get rid of sinus congestion too. You can just place some on your pillow to help heal your sinus congestion while you are sleeping.
6. Doover your sinus region to get a relief. Massage your cheek bones, side of the nose and above and below the eye to loosen mucus and improve blood circulation.
7. Taking regular, drinking more water, having a good rest, eating spicy food are also helpful.