Published on August 18th, 2013 | by Tom0
Benefits of Dandelion Tea & How to Make Dandelion Tea
How to make dandelion tea
1. Buy dandelion tea bags, and make a cup of dandelion tea according to the instruction on the package.
2. Pour 1 cup of boiling water over 1 teaspoon of dried dandelion leaves, then a healthy dandelion tea is ready.
3. Make a cup of dandelion root tea.
- -Harvest the root of the dandelion
- -wash the root thoroughly, rinse them chop them into small pieces.
- -roast the rinsed root
- -make a cup of tea with the root powder
4. Whether you make a dandelion tea with its leaves or root, you can serve your tea with lemon, orange juice, mint or honey to have a better taste.
Benefits of dandelion tea
1. For a long time, dandelions have been praised for its effectiveness in promoting weight loss.
2. Drinking dandelion can cure the loss of appetite. Pectin, a chemical substance found in dandelions is anti-diarrheal. This gastrointestinal detoxifying property contributes dandelion‘s reputation of being effective in treating an upset stomach.
3. Dandelion is rich in both pectin and vitamin C; the combination of pectin and vitamin C can obviously lower cholesterol in your body and make you healthier.
4. Dandelion tea can treat infection, especially viral infections. The reason is that Gallic acid it contains can help to kill bacteria in your body.
5. Dandelion tea is beneficial for diabetes patients. Laboratory research found that Inulin in dandelion tea can covert to fructose, which can lower blood sugar level. Drinking dandelion tea aids health maintenance for people suffering from diabetes.
6. Dandelion tea can promote detoxification of your body. Drinking dandelion tea can enhance urination by increasing bowel movement. What’s more, it can supply the potassium lost in that urination.
7. Dandelion tea can prevent or cure liver diseases by improving the functions of liver, kidney and bladder. If can also enhance the recovery alcohol liver by healing the damaged tissues.
Featured Image Credit: Shutterstock.com