Published on August 18th, 2013 | by Tom0
Benefits of Dandelion Tea & How to Make Dandelion Tea
Do you know that those little dandelions on your lawn are useful herbs and are actually beneficial for your health? Usually people use the ground parts and root to treat daily health problems. So, next time if you find a dandelion in your yard, make a cup of dandelion tea! Read this article and find out what are the benefits of dandelion tea.
How to make dandelion tea
1. Buy dandelion tea bags, and make a cup of dandelion tea according to the instruction on the package.
2. Pour 1 cup of boiling water over 1 teaspoon of dried dandelion leaves, then a healthy dandelion tea is ready.
3. Make a cup of dandelion root tea.
- -Harvest the root of the dandelion
- -wash the root thoroughly, rinse them chop them into small pieces.
- -roast the rinsed root
- -make a cup of tea with the root powder
4. Whether you make a dandelion tea with its leaves or root, you can serve your tea with, juice, mint or honey to have a better taste.
Benefits of dandelion tea
1. For a long time, dandelions have been praised for its effectiveness in promoting.
2. Drinking dandelion can cure the loss of appetite. Pectin, a chemical substance found in dandelions is anti-diarrheal. This gastrointestinal detoxifying property contributes dandelion‘s reputation of being effective in treating an upset.
3. Dandelion is rich in both pectin and vitamin C; the combination of pectin and vitamin C can obviously lowerin your body and make you healthier.
4. Dandelion tea can treat infection, especially viral infections. The reason is that Gallic acid it contains can help to kill bacteria in your body.
5. Dandelion tea is beneficial forpatients. Laboratory research found that Inulin in dandelion tea can covert to fructose, which can lower blood sugar level. Drinking dandelion tea aids health maintenance for people suffering from diabetes.
6. Dandelion tea can promote detoxification of your body. Drinking dandelion tea can enhance urination by increasing bowel movement. What’s more, it can supply the potassium lost in that urination.
7. Dandelion tea can prevent or cure liver diseases by improving the functions of liver, kidney and bladder. If can also enhance the recoveryliver by healing the damaged tissues.
Featured Image Credit: Shutterstock.com