Published on August 1st, 2013 | by Tom0
Acid Reflux Symptoms, Diet & Natural Remedies
may be painful and obstruct your life. They can impair your daily life, in addition to resulting in general discomfort. Fortunately, there are many options to seek out relief. This article is intended to aid you with exactly that task.
The three most common acid reflux symptoms are heartburn, regurgitation and dyspepsia.
- Heartburn is a burning sensation behind the breastbone which can move up from your stomach to the middle of your abdomen and chest. What you should know is that heartburn is not related to your heart. Sometimes, the pain may move into your throat.
- Regurgitation is a sensation which includes reflux of gastric contents into the mouth and excessive salivation. After that, you may experience a sour or bitter taste in your mouth. In some cases, you may even vomit some contents of your stomach.
- Dyspepsia is a term which refers to stomach discomfort. It consists of burping, nausea after eating, stomach fullness or bloating and upper abdominal pain and discomfort. All of this will lead to the difficulties of eating solid food. After a certain amount of time, your esophagus will inflame which may cause pain during swallowing and even bleeding of your esophagus.
Acid reflux can be so unpleasant that it might at times even feel like a heart attack. Always be conscious of any severe chest pain you might encounter. Chest pains can be an indication of a serious condition in the body, such as cardiac arrest. Speak to your physician about your concerns. You might have a serious problem and not even be aware.
image source drtindall
For those who have acid reflux, unhealthy fats are your adversary. Foods which are fatty tell your sphincter in your esophagus to relax, allowing acid to flow in the incorrect direction. Fatty foods can result in weight gain, which can add to your acid reflux symptoms. TIP! Losing weight will help to reduce or even prevent your acid reflux symptoms. Obesity is a principal cause of experiencing acid reflux symptoms. Start living a healthier lifestyle and begin eating better!
Sustain your recommended weight, or shed weight if necessary. Carrying excess fat may cause one to experience reflux all the more. Carrying excess fat may put additional pressure upon your midsection and further raise the likelihood of experiencing acid reflux. Dropping 10% of one’s body weight may aid with reducing acid reflux as well as alleviate many other additional health concerns.
TIP! Remove spicy foods in your diet to assist in alleviating your acid reflux symptoms. Spicy foods may intensify acid build up within in your digestive tract and exacerbate your acid reflux symptoms.
There are particular foods that may induce acid reflux within your body. Foods such as alcohol, fried foods, chocolate, and beverages with caffeine are just a few of the most frequent reflux triggering food items. It’s also wise to steer clear of spicy foods wherever possible. Different individuals have distinct triggers, and it may take some time to discover which foods are affecting you. To be the safest, stay away from these foods.
If you’re suffering from acid reflux symptoms you should generally try to drink only between meals. Your esophageal sphincter is under continual pressure when your stomach is filled with liquids. This may lead to it allowing the acid and food within the stomach to go back up into your esophagus thus destroying the lining.
Be mindful of eating your meals slowly. Instead of eating your full meal all at one time, stop prior to getting full. Try to really enjoy the food and take as long as you need. Don’t be in a hurry. Consuming your meal too quickly or beyond when you feel full can aggravate your acid reflux symptoms. Avoid disruptions that might prevent you from recognizing your are full. Take breaks between each course.
1. Ace wedges beneath your mattress to raise your body such that your acid stays in its rightful location. Wood, books, bricks – what you utilize for this task is your decision. If you have enough money for it, you can purchase an adjustable bed which is easily adjustable.
2. Try not to wear tight clothing. Slimming underclothing, restrictive waistbands, and tight belts are all possible culprits. Restrictive clothing items may place your stomach under extra pressure. This might cause further symptoms of acid reflux. Try to wear clothing that you find comfortable which allows your midsection to breathe.
3. You might find relief in an herbal supplement called Slippery Elm. Slippery elm may thicken your mucous membranes which line your stomach. This supplement can sometimes be very effective at defending your stomach from undesirable stomach acid.
4. You are suffering from acid reflux symptoms, stay away from lying down soon after eating a meal. Your stomach might have a difficult time digesting your food when in this position. Staying upright will assist in the flow of bodily fluids within your body.
5. Quitting smoking will help alleviate your acid reflux symptoms. The existence of nicotine in your body causes your stomach to create more acid than is needed.
Living with Acid Reflux
Certainly, you shouldn’t allow acid reflux symptoms to destroy your life. Acid reflux shouldn’t be too serious a challenge if you just make a few small changes in your diet and eating habits. Use this advice wisely and you can begin to once again take control of your life.
featured image via [drugline]